Someplace for me to write, and my family and friends to read, about what's going on with my life.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Autumn walk in Oslo

I went for a walk today. It is really nice to get out in the crisp, cold autumn air. Here are some of the places I visited.


Some older houses, in all the beautiful colors old houses in Oslo are.


Vålerenga Kirke (Vålerenga Church), built in 1902. Somewhere nearby there is a cozy cafe, but I didn't find it.

The sun was shining, so I couldn't get a picture of the back side of the church. But I took one of a tree in the church yard.

Across the street from the church is Vålerenga Skole (school).


These pictures are of the prison and the wall surrounding the main police station, which is very close to our apartment. There is a nice park surrounding the prison.

The pathway leading up to the main entrance of the prison.

The doorway to the prison.

Funny ball sculptures lining a pathway.

The old fence and the new?

The prison wall. If you look closely, you can see the two towers of the Mosque in Oslo. The mosque is NOT inside the prison, ha ha. I have more pictures of the Mosque and the park around the prison next time.

No comments: